Okay, You have decided to downsize, you are moving to a new home, where you have less real estate space to store all those items you really don’t use, and those you had totally forgotten about. Why less real estate space, no other explanation than you are ready to move on to the next stage of your life. The family has grown up and left home, and now it is time for you to do less and enjoy more, and you can’t wait. Smaller home, means nothing more than, less work, and more play time. YOU EARNED IT. You may ask, what about those family dinners, I’m sure your new place will accommodate all your family, in the nice and cozy atmosphere that you have always managed to arrange for special occasions. The nice thing, is the cleanup won’t take nearly as long, and you will have all that spare time to do all those things you just didn’t have a chance to do when the kids were at home, and all your time and energy was focused on them.So now before you make the move, you have all of those unwanted items to get rid of, you’ve gone through everything, and the TOSS PILE, is just that, get rid of it, and what better way than a Garage Sale. Why not get together with your neighbors for one last time and have a HUGE BLOCK GARAGE SALE/GOING AWAY PARTYall in one. Besides by having a Block Garage Sale you know you will get way more traffic and more traffic means more sales. After the Block Garage Sale – have all the neighbors get together and have a Pot Luck BBQ. The perfect end to a perfect and successful garage sale.Some tips on a successful Block Garage Sale.
- A group sale is better then selling alone. More stuff draws more traffic
- Advertise – stick an ad in the newspaper, and get your signs out early.
- Be prepared. Be ready to go the night before so that you don’t have to rush around in the morning.
- Play background music, this will draw your customers in, complete silence can be uncomfortable. Don’t play offensive music, play something appropriate for your audience, something fun and catchy.
- Plan you sale layout with customers in mind. Use marketing tricks to make your customers more likely to purchse your stuff!
- Price things carefully.
- Label things well.
- Be friendly. Greet people as they arrive – chat if they’re chatty.
- DO NOT bad-mouth your items.
- Make it easy for shoppers to test electronic items. Have an extension cord handy so that people can test them.
- Be willing to bargain, but be less flexible at the start.
- Know what your ground rules are when it comes to bargaining. Customers will always bargain, they want a deal.
- Keep a ledger. Jot down a description of each item and how much you sold it for.
- DO NOT use a cash box. Keep your money on you at all times.
The whole idea of this garage sale is to get rid of all the stuff you are not moving to your new home. Your goal is to recycle all those items that are still usefull – TO SOMEONE ELSE.
A successfull garage sale, starts with good organizing, price all your items, this gives the customer an idea of what you want for the item, without a price customers may overlook the item since a offer may offend you. Display the items so you can encourage customers to come, LOOK, AND BUY.
Associate | REALTOR®
Your St. Albert Area Specialist!
KENNEDY Real Estate
Your Edmonton REALTOR® | Edmonton Home Stager
Call us today…780-485-3010 and GET SOLD!
Area Specialists | Lifestyle Marketing
REALTORS® : Looking for a great Team environment to grow your business…see our Brokerage Model for info on how to make that happen!