Edmonton Home Buyers: 10 Tips to Get the Most out of Your REALTOR®
This article brought to you by Rachel Schofield: REALTOR® at KENNEDY Real Estate.
If you’re buying a home, it may be the first time you’ve had the opportunity to work with a REALTOR®. Here’s top 10 list to get the most out of working with a dedicated, professional real estate agent.
1. Communicate. Take time to respond to e-mails and phone calls.
2. Get pre-approved. Meet with a mortgage broker so you know what you can afford, and secure a great rate.
3. Give time for showings. Agents need time to communicate with other agents to book showings. Also, many properties are tenant occupied and may require 24 hours or more notice.
4. Work with one dedicated REALTOR®. With one focused professional at your side, you can be sure to target your needs with more efficiency.
5. Accept advice from your REALTOR®. Your real estate agent has experience with a wide variety of situations and what it takes to succeed given the circumstances.
6. Pick your professionals ASAP. It’s common to use a lawyer and a property inspector. Pick them before you make a deal. This will take the pressure off you during the transaction.
7. Sign a buyer brokerage agreement. Written buyer service agreements provide the best protection for buyers and their representative.
8. Sell your current home first. Unless you can afford paying two mortgages, sell BEFORE you buy.
9. Take your REALTOR® to Show Homes and FSBO listings. Your agent is not just at your side to “open doors” but to advise, and guide you through your real estate transaction.
10. Ask questions. If there is something you need to know, or something you don’t understand, just ask. We are here to help!
This informative article was brought to you today by our in-house “hybrid” REALTOR®/Interior Decorator:
KENNEDY Real Estate
YourEdmontonREALTOR® | Edmonton Home Stager
I would like to view a home in Oliver.
I would like to buy a home in Oliver.
I would like to sell my home in Oliver.