How To Prepare Your Home For The Market…
“Move-in Ready”… “Turn-Key Condition”… This is what a home Seller and their REALTOR® want to “hear” from potential Buyers when they first list their home for sale. A home in which no project needs to be completed.
You want to begin to impress the potential Buyer from the “Outside – In”… in other words it starts with curb-appeal. Having your home attractive from the outside will not only entice the home Buyer, searching on the internet, to want to see more, you are also captivating those who are walking or driving by your property.
The outside of your home is what draws the Buyer in…, once they are inside, its time to really impress…
Below is a list of 10 projects that can and WILL serve to impress any potential home Buyer and their REALTOR®…
1. The Exterior Shell: A new coat of paint, or replacing the vinyl siding may be needed. Make sure you choose a neutral color that will appeal to the majority of home buyers. For a little jazz, you could add a splash of color by re-painting the front door.
2. Energy Efficient: In order to receive top dollar for your home and to avoid a failed inspection report, now is the time to get these areas of your home in order. Replace the old furnace and hot water tank, install new energy efficient windows, and have the roof and foundation inspected.
3. Landscape: Get out there and trim your hedges, maybe you need to hire an arborist for your trees. ”Greenify” your lawn, If you have a perennial garden, replace the old mulch with new. Draw attention to your home at night by adding outdoor lighting. If a new home, have the fence finished and deck completed with privacy panels.
4. Flooring: Your home’s floors need to sparkle… Now’s the time to install hardwood or laminate. If your unsure of what type of flooring to choose visit a few Show homes for ideas.
5. The Kitchen: Always an important room in the home…you can give your kitchen a “face lift” by re-finishing or replacing the cupbards, replace the counter tops and plumbing fixtures and last but certainly not the least…replace your appliances.
6. The Bathroom: Start with the smaller projects like re-caulking, replacing tile grout, repainting the walls and add new plumbing & lighting fixtures all this can make your bathroom look brand new. For a little more, installing a new vanity with a vessel sink (above counter sink) always adds inspiring designer “vibes”.
7. Lighting & Interior Paint: A well lit home can accent the best features of each room, however, if there are swag lamps still hanging it’s time for an update. Play with a little color, paint a couple accent walls in your home. Canned lighting can be used to highlight any décor and design element (such as your new accent walls).
8. Basement Development: Having your basement professionally finished adds to the home’s useable square footage. Finished basement homes sell faster, and will continue to do so.
9. Deep Clean: Nothing you have done to improve your home will matter if your home is not clean. This means a THOROUGH clean, this includes the areas in the home that are not normally cleaned on a regular basis…yes, you will have to pull out your appliances.
10. HOME STAGING: Lastly, its time to allow the Buyer to envision their new life in your home. Home Staging is about “enhancing what’s already there”. Using this tool is a great cost-effective way to prepare your home for the market. For more information on Home Staging visit this link: www.edmontonhomestager.ca
Additional “Carrie’s Corner” Articles…
Additional “Edmonton Realtor: KENNEDY Real Estate” Articles…
Business Development & REALTOR®
Edmonton’s Buyer Agent
KENNEDY Real Estate
Your Edmonton Realtor® | Edmonton Home Stager
Call us today…780-485-3010 and GET SOLD!
Area Specialists | Lifestyle Marketing
REALTORS® : Looking for a great Team environment to grow your business…see our Brokerage Model for info on how to make that happen!