Adding Value Without Breaking the Bank
You may be planning to list your house in the Spring or you just want a few ideas on how to “spruce” up your home. Below is a list of 5 ways you can give your home a fresh start to the new year without it costing too much.
1. Clean and Declutter: Spending a little extra time in each room will go a long way to adding value to your home. While you’re scrubbing, dusting and vacuuming go through your possessions and donate anything you haven’t used in the last year (clothes, books, old toys). If your selling your home, after you have cleaned and decluttered, make sure you also put away your favorite knick-nacks, or family heirlooms. Buyers want to be able to envision their own belongings in their future home. Plus it gives the illusion of more space.
2. Patch and Paint: The kitchen, living room and master bedroom are 3 of the most important rooms in your home. Why not consider giving these rooms a little “face-lift”. Painting your walls, is the quickest and easiest way to freshen up your home. If your planning on selling, make sure you stick with neutral colors like taupe, light browns or off-white.
3. Make Over the Kitchen Cabinets: You don’t have to replace your cabinets or reface them to make a difference. If they are outdated or scratched, you could simply re-paint them. Most importantly, add new hardware, something simple and modern, brushed nickel, or a pewter finish is nice.
4. Maximize Storage Space: Most Real Estate professionals agree that storage space is on the top of most buyers wish lists. If your home lacks in this area, consider installing organizers. Closet organizers are made up of strategically placed shelving, drawers and bars to maximize your closet space. Most organizers can be fitted to any size closet and they are usually something you can install yourself.
5. Refresh Fixtures in your Bathroom: Like your kitchen, little changes can go a long way to sprucing up the bathroom. Simply replacing the shower curtain and making sure the toothbrush and soap accessories match can go a long way. If you want to take it one step further, changing the lighting fixture, cabinet hardware and vanity mirror will make a huge difference in updating your bathroom.
REALTORS® : Looking for a great Team environment to grow your business…see our Brokerage Model for info on how to make that happen!