There are a gazillion reasons and articles written on this topic of which I am sure you have read a few…
HOWEVER – this article is written from a REALTOR® perspective. After ten years of real estate buying and selling here are a few things I appreciate about having a REALTOR® involved in the process:
1. Market and Demographic Knowledge: “is this a good deal?” or “what’s the demographic like in this neighborhood/condo complex?” If you are new to either the market or the city having a REALTOR® at your disposal to navigate the unknown waters of value and demographics is a HUGE benefit and saves time to – as they are able to direct you in the right direction. Demographic knowledge plays a big role when advising on an area/community/condo for downsizers – or for those looking to buy their first condo/home and want to make sure they are buying into the ‘right’ neighborhood/complex.
2. Representation: when the deal is signed that’s when a REALTOR®’s work begins. If they want to get paid, they better make sure that they not only get any conditions/subject to’s satisfied, but also ensure that the buyer closes on possession day. When you sell on your own – who ‘takes care’ of your buyer to ensure that they close and on time or at all?? I would gladly pay a REALTOR® to ensure my investment gets sold and closes on possession day.
3. Qualifying Buyers: if I were selling my house - I would only want qualified buyers to walk through the door – otherwise it’s a waste of my time and prep time for the showing. REALTOR®s qualify their buyers ahead of time. SO the folks coming through your door are the ones that can actually AFFORD your property. REALTOR®s also have access to awesome Mortgage Brokers that aid in the process of qualifying clients. When you sell on your own – how do you know if your buyer can qualify or afford your home when signing up the papers…oooh this is a recipe for despair…see the tidbit below
4. As a BUYER’S agent they are free to use! So why wouldn’t you use a REALTOR® when buying a home – in addition to the above – its FREE…and I’ll take anything that’s FREE
5. Assurance that the deal will get done. REALTOR®s have the knowledge and tools to get the job done. They are also only paid for results. So I know they are motivated to get the job done. They are the ones getting their clients into the homes/condos and making that happen. When you sell on your own – who is working on your behalf to get the buyers in the door? We have 3000 REALTOR®s in town that are all hungry for a pay cheque. They all have access to sell your property. Wow – do I need to go on? That one is a biggie – for sellers anyway. When you FISBO it (for sale by owner) you loose the ability to access a 3000 REALTOR network. Now why would you want to do that?
One other tidbit …
Did you know that if your buyer removes conditions and gives you an additional deposit cheque that does not clear (NSF) – and subsequently leaves for Timbuktu – YOU are hooped! You will be unable to sell it until after said possession day. Yeesh…another GOOD reason to have a REALTOR® on your side AND the buyers side too!
Did you learn something new in this post? Insightful from a REALTOR® perspective? I hope so
Find out more about our fanTABulous bunch of REALTOR®’s
Learn more about how the KENNEDY ADVANTAGE can get the job done for you!
Broker | Owner
Call us today…780-485-3010 and GET SOLD!
Area Specialists | Lifestyle Marketing
REALTORS® : Looking for a great Team environment to grow your business…see our Brokerage Model for info on how to make that happen!